Monday, August 30, 2004

First Day of Class

Today was my first day of class at Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah. This is my second year here so I kind of know the ropes. By the way my name is Ana. I graduated from Sunset in 2003. I had a lot of the same teachers you have or will have. I grew up in Oak Cliff just like most of you and now here I am as living proof that a little hard work can take you anywhere you want to go. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to go to college, I just did not know where. But through much prayers and careful consideration I decided that BYU was best for me. Last year was fun, extremely hard, but fun and now I want to share this year with you.

So I am trying to major in Clinical Lab Science and in Spanish Translation, which means a lot of biology, chemistry, micro biology and Spanish classes. You know mayors are a funny thing… at first you don’t have one, then you have about three or four of them and you can not make up your mind, then you change them like you change your socks and finally after taking lots of classes you did not need, you make up you mind and hope that after a couple years of working in the real world you still like it. But for now they are great conversation starters. Guys use them to impress the pretty girls; girls use them to sound sophisticated and so on, but I a happy with my decision so far.

Today I woke up late!!! Last night I set the alarm for 7:30, but I forgot to turn on the “ON” button, so this morning I was dreaming about missing my first day of school because I woke up late when I woke up and it was 8:35. I hurried out of bed got ready in less then 20 minutes and was out the door. Luckily, I live in the dorms right across the street from campus and was in class before the teacher.

During my two hour break I ran back home so I could have breakfast, a cream cheese and ham on toast sandwich, and then get back to campus for my next class. My last class for the day which is supposed to be three hours long ended after the teachers finished explain what the class was about and we got to leave, hurray!! Since I had a few unexpected free hours I found myself in a sea of mad chaos trying to buy my books at the book store and found that I could only afford one ($44).

So until next time, this is one exhausted college student signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home