Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wednesday is not that bad...

Today was not that bad had it not been for the massive pedestrian traffic jam. I only had two classes Spanish at 9 a.m. and Religion at 10 a.m, but I did had to wake up real early (7:20) so I could go to the computer lab to finish my religion home work before Spanish class. I finished just on time and took a brisk walk across the street to my first class for the day. I showed off my Spanish skills a little bit and was out the door to my next class which would have been a synch except for I have to walk by the construction site that is surrounded by a fence that leaves only the side walk next to the library to walk on except that side walk is comparatively small. Going into the narrow side walk, we looked like sheep being herded into the pin. Once inside I could hear many sarcastic comments from above; no, not from God, but from the really tall guys that are so abundant at BYU. One guy said it looked like a concentration camp; crowds of people surrounded by fences. I could see that the congestion lasted the entire south and west sides of the fence. For about 30 seconds the line did not move. Another one said we needed stop lights.After about 10 min of being stuck in pedestrian traffic, I got to class late and had to sit in the back of the room.

So good luck to all for you at Sunset that will have to walk from the new portables that do not have electricity to the unorganized portables on the other side of the construction site.

5 Comments:

At September 7, 2004 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Neal Locke said...

Yay! I get to be the first to comment on your blog! Did you get your package yet? Let me know about the Ethernet cable as soon as you find something out.

I enjoy your blog so far--my only fear is that you're about to be swamped with work so it might not get updated for awhile. That's ok. GPA is more important. But if you grab a moment, we all love to hear how you're doing, pedestrian traffic jams and all...

 
At September 8, 2004 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Neal Locke said...

Well, I thought I posted a comment on your blog yesterday, but I guess it didn't show up. Here goes again: I'm proud to get to be your first comment! Did your package arrive yet? Let me know how the Ethernet connection thing works out. I'm guessing that now that classes have started you probably won't have as much time to blog, huh? Too bad--your excellent and artistic writing (nice simile with the sheep) is always a pleasure to read. Welcome to the blogosphere, and here's hoping you grab a spare moment every now and then to keep us posted on your adventures...

 
At September 9, 2004 at 4:35 AM , Blogger J. Grimes said...

Lovely, Ana. Utah doesn't seem so far away with you blogging!

 
At September 9, 2004 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Ana said...

How do I comment to your comments? Do I comment in the regular comment link at the bottom of the entry?

Well, I am getting lots of work now, specially labs, but I can always make time to blog for you guys. I have not blogged for the past couple of days because I thought I had no audience, but now that I see that I do, I can blog about my journey to find food, and about my first time sucking blood.

I did get the computer. I was so excited to get packages. I got it all succesfully set up in less than an hr.I have even saved my first documents on it. I feel different now that I officially own a computer.
Thank you so much.

 
At September 16, 2004 at 8:38 PM , Blogger aguila said...

hey ana how are you is great that you have a blog now. Wow college sounds like fun. Now if I only knew where I wanted to go oh well I will look around and see well anyways take care and it was great hearing from you. See you around!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home