Sunday, September 26, 2004

I am glad to see that people actually read this blog.

So yeah. I had stopped blogging because no one was reading the blog besides Mr. Locke and Mrs. Grimes and they all ready know what college was like. But now that I see that you actually read it; I'll try to blog at least once a week.

My weekend was very uneventfull as are all my weekends. My weekends constitute of our weekly trip to Walmart to buy food. Yesterday's trip was not as exciting as some in the past.

The first one was quite an experience. I have lived here for almost a year but last year I never left the dorms. I had no need to leave campus when I had open access to the cafeteria. I was not familiar with the bus schedules or routes but my friend and I decided to have an adventure. It was more the fact that I had run out of food then the desire for adventure that convinced me to go. Bus pass in hand, back pack over my shoulder, Ya-Nee and I set out on our quest for food.

Waiting for the bus I noticed it was getting very cloudy but I had to be brave. I had to bring home the bacon. Actually I needed chicken to make tostadas. After half an hour the big white and blue metal monster finally pulled up to the stop and I had to conquer all my fears of ridding in buses to sit down on a seat. My mind wondered for a moment on all the butts that have touched that seat before mine, all the germs and critters that are all around, but I told myself, "Self, think happy thoughts," and so I did. Thinking of all the food I could make once this trip was over made time go by quickly. I could see the side of the walls of what I thought was Walmart. A brief moment of confusion sat in, I thought I was going to miss the stop so I pulled on the "Stop Requested" string and tried to get off. I was off the bus when my friend, Ya-Nee pulls me back in. It was the wrong stop. Embarrassed I sat back down and waited patiently for the right stop. Finally, we arrived.

After two hours of weaving in and out of the mass crowd of shopping carts I made it to the front of the line. Once our shopping was done, we made preparations for our journey home. I packed the chicken and as much of what I bought into my back pack. Then we darted out the door. I thought we had missed the bus. With Walmart bags on our hands and chicken on my back we crossed the street and walked one block to the bus stop. When we looked at the schedule on the stop sign we were outraged to see that would be 30 min until the next bus would come. To make matters worse, the rain kicked in. 35 minutes later, the roaring from the metal monster was heard once more. I have never been happier to see the bus like I was that day.

And so, this journey is repeated every Saturday. And soon the rain will turn into snow, and the freshly made tostadas will turn into canned soup. But life goes on.

3 Comments:

At September 27, 2004 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Neal Locke said...

Once again, you have the soul of a writer. That last post would have made a good Acadec speech. Come to think of it, want to help craft some for this years team?

 
At September 27, 2004 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Thank you for the compliment but I think my writing still needs lots of work. Do you really thinks its good enough to help with acdec? Maybe I should try writting short stories. Or maybe a novel about a space school...

 
At September 28, 2004 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Thanks for the compliment Christina. I do need to work on my grammer. I had to go back and correct some dumb mistakes after I had posted my blog. Some where in there it said "bloc" instead of "blog." I had to laugh at myself first.

Maribel, I do really miss all of you guys at home but here you are to busy to think about how much you miss people but some nights when all the lights are off and the floor is quiet, you cant hold back the tears.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home