Tuesday, September 28, 2004

O positive

Today I had the opportunity to test my own blood to see which blood type I am. Oh, this was for my intro to clinical lab techniques. I had to prick my own finger and collect my blood in a test tube. I don't know where I got the strength to voluntarily make myself bleed. I am one of the best bleeders in the class. It is amazing how fast the blood moves in your body. I wonder how fast it really moves? The tests were fairly easy, you just add the indicators and look for it to clot. We also had to test our lab partner’s blood. She was O positive too. And the best of all, we had to test and unknown, which usually is unknown but today the teacher said that the volunteers were President Monson and President Hinckley. I could not believe it. I don't know if the teacher just said that or if she was serious. She did have the test tubes labeled Pres. Monson and Pres. Hinckley. So I tested President Monson and he has A positive blood. That was the highlight of my day. After that I spent four hours studding for a test that I failed. I learned that I have to make sure I understand every concept as we learn it not try to learn it the day of the test. I wish I could say that I learn from my mistakes but that mistake was repeated all of my first semester. Well, this just means that I have to study harder, and pray harder too.

8 Comments:

At September 29, 2004 at 9:58 AM , Blogger aguila said...

Ah the beauty and splendor of college.

 
At September 29, 2004 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Yeah... sometimes it's beauty other times it's a beast.

 
At September 30, 2004 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Maribel, my parents are like that too. They are harder on Eli because I decided early on that as long as live with them I was going to follow thier rules, that makes it easier on me and them. But I knew that as soon as I turned I finished high school I was going to be out of there. When you are on your own you dont have any rules, sort of. You will alays have some sort of rules to follow but talking to boys is up to you. Some times I think that I should have done a carrer training progams like the ones your dad talks about or like the one Elena did but then I would not get the opportunity to do all the things I have done. Living on your own makes you get to know yourself, it makes you stronger as a person. The career training thing is the chepest way to get a degree and the easiest but not realy the best for everyone. College is not for everyone either but you'll never know unless you try. I know you can go to college if you realy want. There are a lot of people out there that will help you if you realy wnat to go. I'll help you. You are one of my sisters too and I want you here just as much as I want Eli here. Just hang in there and do your best. HF bless you.

Oh, and about your parents, they just want to protect you. They lost their other daughters to soon and they just want to hold on to you as long as they can. They only do it because they love you. Try to understand their feelings and maybe try to talk to them about how they make you feel. It is easier said then done but have courage, everything will turn out all right.

 
At September 30, 2004 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Ana said...

COOOOOL!!! O positive must be the smart people blood...jk.

 
At October 1, 2004 at 7:57 PM , Blogger J. Grimes said...

Me too, me too! I'm O+. Let's start a club. :)

 
At October 2, 2004 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Sure, we are the... what do we call ourselves? And what do we do?

 
At October 3, 2004 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Neal Locke said...

I'm A+. When I was in high school I used to tell my parents that it was a good thing--probably the only A+ they'd ever get out of me...

 
At October 3, 2004 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Ana said...

That's funny...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home