Sunday, September 04, 2005

One week down

The first week of school was so crazy.... well maybe not as crazy as just busy. I have classes from 8 a.m. to 4:15 with hour breaks in between. Then work after classes to 8 p.m. I am so glad that as an on call worker I only work the first and last weeks of the semester because there is no way I can handle school and work. My feet hurt, my back hurts, my knee hurts and I am all ready behind on my reading. Yesterday I was to tired to do anything so I just went back to bed after work and then got up and watched an 80's movie marathon on t.v.

But other then that classes are great... well, actually they are weird. My first two years here I took mostly science classes Biology and Chemistry and now I have to take a different type of class, Linguistics and Phonetics. I am having a difficult time because these classes are based on people's ideas and their thoughts not on experiments, its just a different kind of science. Well besides that I am taking History, Immunology, Virology, New Testament, Tennis and the first Translation class for my major. Oh my tennis coach is the BYU mens tennis coach. He has played at Wimbledon and the US open and the Australian open and all this other places. I am so excited to learn a new sport that I have never played before but even more excited that once again (like in high school) I get to have amazing teachers.

3 Comments:

At September 4, 2005 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Neal Locke said...

Of course, this tradition of having excellent teachers requires you to pass it on...be an excellent teacher someday (in whatever field you pursue).

 
At September 4, 2005 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Elisabeth said...

Ana darling, you are not allowed to be antisocial. Whatever happened to the boy (Gary?) from summer? And which club member did we lose? It certainly wasn't the curly readhead, that's for sure. Was it Ya-Nee?

I'm glad to hear you like some of your classes, not so glad to hear that some of them super-suck. Who, exactly, is "him"? I think I should know, but I can't think of it now. Oh brother, as I just wrote this, are you referring to the mysterious East Coast guy I am supposed to fall madly in love with? If so, noper-opers. Love you Ana!

 
At September 5, 2005 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Rocio said...

Ana what kind of job do you have? I am about to start classes and then I am going to start a work study job. I don't want to overload myself specially because it's my first semester.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home