Sunday, September 11, 2005

week two

Man I love tennis! Now when I watch the US open I can actually follow along with the scoring. I've had about two weeks of lessons and I still suck but its great. I never thought I would actually like sports but they are not so bad. I went putting last night and the guy was like, "man you must have been good at Geometry cause that was a nice shot." It bounced of the wall and went in the hole. Yeah I was not that great in Geometry or golf but I am really liking tennis. Who thought that mexicans could play tennis. ( I was referring to the other mexican girl in the class). And by the way its a great way to lose the freshman 15 or in my case the freshman 2.

The rest of the classes are not as much fun. Well maybe phonetics where I have to record my converstaion with someone and do a self evaluation on my Spanish pronounciation. Yeah I guess we all have room for improvement.

4 Comments:

At September 11, 2005 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Elisabeth said...

Oh please, like you even had freshman weight to lose. I, on the other hand... I'm glad you like tennis! You should be a pro golfer! The world needs that more than translators or lab people, right...?

 
At September 12, 2005 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Noemi said...

Wow your venturing into the sports world I bet has given hope to the many who see it as an imposibility(ok so maybe i'm just referring to myself) but I think it's really cool.
And thanks for your support, it gave me a reason to smile today.

 
At September 13, 2005 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad ur having fun and learning how to play tennis.........what freshman 2? even if u got the freshman pounds, u should be happy. me n eli need to loose the hign school hundreds. take care
Agueda

 
At September 13, 2005 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Rocio said...

It's great that you're taking a sport. I still haven't tried one. So does school get easier as you near the end or is it even harder? I don't know how but I have some free time, maybe because I just got here so and I can't figure out what to do. I'm not in LULAC anymore and Columbia doesn't have a chapter but there are other Latino organizations that I might check out like the Chicano Caucus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home