Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I am shamed by the rotten friut of my effortlessness.

(This post was inspired by my comment on Noemi’s blog.)

I have spent the first month of school without putting much effort in to studding and now I am gathering the rotten fruit of my effortlessness. I failed the organic chemistry test. Lets just say that I know less than half of the material. I trusted that because I had read that stuff last year, I could wing this test. Boy was I wrong! I also failed an intro to clinical science quiz. I love that class! I studied but the one hour that I studied before class was not enough. Cramming backfired and I got all the names of the white blood cells confused.

I was telling Victor (or I wrote it on Noemi’s blog) that I have been spending too much time with my high school pal the TV. The past two weeks (when midterms started) I just could not bring myself to turn off the TV. I would turn it on while I was making something to eat and then just stay there the rest of the night. It has been my secret addiction for years. As I child, when all my siblings were outside playing I was inside soaking up information from the TV. I love to watch nature or nova on pbs but when that is not on I resort to lame TV shows or even infomercials. Once the Cyclops has hypnotized me, all notion of time and all my worries just fade away into my subconscious.

I am really saddened that I am doing so badly in school, I love school. The things that we are exposed to here are just mind-boggling amazing. I mean I just can’t get enough on the structure of the DNA, how perfectly it all works together, how much information is coiled into such tiny molecules, everything necessary to begin a new life.
I must gather every inch of energy within me and today more then ever study like I have never studied before. I cannot shame my name. I will do better.

6 Comments:

At October 12, 2004 at 9:55 PM , Blogger aguila said...

Well Ana you sound like a former decathlon child right before competition. We cram and we cram as much as we can in about 20 to 30 minutes only to find that we forgot about more than half that was on the test and the stuff we did learned is not even on the test, but anyway goodluck. Use the economics you learned in acadec for better decision making. Remember everything everything has an opportunity cost remember that and make the best choice that pretain to your situation. If you thing there is no good choice possible, but you still have to make a choice choose the lesser of the evils. Felix the cat says hello from heaven and wishes you goodluck. Laterz hey Ana what is your email and do you have instant messenger of any kind so we can chat one of these days well later and wish me luck.

 
At October 14, 2004 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Noemi said...

I think a lot of people are addicted to the television. I used to be like that until I knew the words to most commercials and by then I had to let it go. I now watch maybe two hours of television every week. I got all the art pieces mixed up today. Must let go of those two hours of tv. By the way, was that guy who you said looked like Frodo tall?

 
At October 14, 2004 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Nope, he is kind of short for a guy. He is about my height, which is not very tall. This guy has straight hair and Frodo has wavy.

Christina, I've done good. I studied for three days for the religion midterm. I fighred if I can sit at the couch all day watching TV, then I can study on the couch all day. I love the New Testament! I learned so much these couple of days. I was disappointed that the test was not harder. There were no questions about the appostles. I think Nathanel is my favorite. I think I will name my kid that. I kind of like studing when I am motivated. I have tryed to bribe myself to get up to study in the morning (I left a brownie on the table next to my molecular biology book) but it did not work. So now, since I spent too much time on the internet and TV I cant do any of those things untill I finish my homework for the day. Homework is never really finished. If I stay on top of things and work twice as hard to go beyond what is required, I might let myself watch tv while I eat. Well, good luck with studding.

Victor, sometimes when I study it reminds me of acdec. Last year cramming really helped. But I think it was the way I crammed. I would cram all day and then take the test at the end of the day. I would only study that one subject all day. This would not really work for acdec cause you have so many sunjects. But you can study this way. During thanksgiving study one subject all day, it might work. I never did it but now I think that if I would I could have meddled.

 
At October 15, 2004 at 8:04 AM , Blogger J. Grimes said...

What makes Nathaniel your favorite apostle? I can't even remember anything about him in the New Testament. My favorite apostles are John (Jesus' beloved), Peter (fiery temper), and Paul (the consummate philosopher and logician).

 
At October 16, 2004 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Ana said...

I just like the way that Jesus addressed him saying that in him there is no guile and then when Nathanael said where do you know me from Jesus answered before Philip brought you I saw you. It just reminds me that He knows each of us by name.

 
At October 17, 2004 at 7:43 AM , Blogger J. Grimes said...

What an excellent point, Ana. I won't forget Nathaniel again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home