Sunday, October 10, 2004

Walking sucks! My shoes are evil!

Yeah, walking suks and my shoes are evil. The shoes that I wore for church today scraped the entire back of my ankle. There was blood everywhere. About mid way through our walk to church the back of my ankle started to burn. I did not even had to look, I could tell, it was bad. I have not worn these shoes since last winter. They are thick (about two inches), perfect for walking in the snow. Except now I remember that I never wore these shoes to church in the snow. I wore tennis shoes and then changed my shoes before entering the building. That's why they did not hurt me before, because I did not wear them to walk. I had to sit through three hours of church with my ankels on fire. I could not even go down the stairs. I ened up limping to whole way home. I know what you are thinking, "Why didn't you just take off your shoes?" Well, I'd rather have burning ankels then burning bottom of my feet.

I could not help but to think of what the Mormon pioneers must have gone through. They walked from Missuri to the Utah Valley. They indured bleeding toes and even frozen feet. Wow, what curage and dedication.

Senior year I feared that I would end my first year in college with a few less toes, but now I see that it's not that cold, and the walk is not long. But I'll still wear two pairs of socks just in case.

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2004 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Yeah, these shoes are not usually evil just sunday. Maybe it was their way of getting me back for storing them up for four months here in Utah. Well, they got me back good. It still hurts to walk to class. I put some neosporin today hopefuly I'll be all better tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home