Thursday, March 23, 2006

So Many Choices

Ok well I guess I don’t have that many choices but I have some choices to make. I hate deciding. I can never make up my mind. Anyways, with a year and a half left of school and an internship, I thought about doing other things before finishing school. There are just so many choices to make. This morning I had the hardest time deciding whether I should shower first and then make breakfast or eat breakfast first and then shower. I seriously tossed and turned in bed for an hour thinking that over and over. I guess I was not really thinking about it for a whole hour because my mind kept wandering into other choices I have to make. I ended up making breakfast first because by the time I decided to shower I heard my roommate walk into the bathroom.

It’s not just the choices; it’s all the planning that has to be done for whatever you chose to do. I don’t want to make a decision based on which will be easier just because I am too lazy or too scared to actually get out of my comfort zone and go for the other choices. Right now the easiest choice is to stay here and just go on with school as planned and do nothing. I know that some of you are puzzled by my whole not leaving my comfort zone because I actually left home at 18 to live hundreds of miles away form home with complete strangers for a couple of years. Some would say that that is definitely leaving your comfort zone. But that was the next logical step. After high school you go to college. I just had to choose one college and they made the decision easy because they chose me. I just had to figure out how to make it work. Now I have the opportunity to do something more, something else. It’s harder to make a choice when all possibilities are good. If I stay it’s good, and if I go it’s good too. I don’t know if one will be better then the other until I actually go, or not go. To go or not to go, that is the question.

5 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Oh I was going to post about that march today in Chicago (was it? Or where ever that was), called A Day Without Latinos where hundreds of Latinos did not show up to work to show the government what an impact Latinos have on the economy, but I forgot about it. Anyways, it was a cool ideal.

 
At March 24, 2006 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Elisabeth said...

So, I've been thinking about decisions almost non-stop for the past week, and about going down the path that Heavenly Father wants us to take. I think that the best thing I came up with is that many times, there are multiple good paths, but Heavenly Father wants us to use the agency He has blessed us with and make a decision. He won't leave us alone! Once we make that decision, He guides us along that path. I know he can do that for you.

I hate to hear you sound so sad, Ana, because you are so very high up on my list of favorite people ever. Please keep us informed. I have every faith in you and I know that things will be great. I love you!!!!!!!!!

P.S. So, yeah, Jessi, of course I'm afraid of leaving my comfort zone, but sometimes, there are just things that draw you out of that...like being really excited.

 
At March 25, 2006 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Ana said...

Thankf for the comments guys. I feel much better about things today. I just needed to feel sad for a couple of days but now I am over it. JC, that is one of my favorite scriptures, it's highlighted on my book. Well Elisabeth you will have to call me and tell me about the third date thing.

 
At April 18, 2006 at 5:32 AM , Blogger J. Grimes said...

to go or not to go. . . where? I can't believe you're only 1 1/2 years from graduating!

 
At April 27, 2008 at 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ana, I hope you are doing well. You have been in my prayers and I have missed you. It's funny because we really didn't talk much our first few years in college but somehow, once I knew we couldn't talk I kept finding stuff I really wanted to tell you about. Cuidate mujer. Call me when you get back, I'd like to hear about your experience and catch you up on my life as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home